Friday, March 4, 2022

Motion VS Action

Assalamualaikum w.b.t & hey friends

Currently I am reading Atomic Habits by James Clear. It's almost 50% of the book I have completed. Among the ideas that has been presented so far, I find something interesting (other ideas are good as well) which is motion and action.

In my own understanding, motion is the stage where we plan, strategize and learn whereas action is the stage where we put into practice. Usually, we tend to focus more on the motion instead of action because we scare of critism and failure. In the other word, we are always focusing on the motion stage as a medium to procrastinate failure since only action will have an outcome either success or failure.

Motion does not give any result unless we put it into action. Thus, it is very important to take action rather than being in a safe mode like in motion. By being in motion for a long time, we are deceiving ourselves that we are making progress but the truth is nothing unless there is an action.

For example, I am planning or brainstorming on the topics to write any entry in my blog where I am in motion mode. I can take whatever amount of time to plan and learn any topic to write. But, if I don't take any action to actually write the blog, then there will be no result at all.

The idea here is not to convey that motion mode like planning, strategizing and learning is not crucial, but action must be taken after motion mode then only we will see the result. Thus, after spending some time in the motion mode, then we need to transmute motion into its equivalent action for result.




No comments:

Post a Comment