Monday, February 28, 2022

Tips To Choose Book For Reading

Assalamualaikum and hey friends

In this entry, I would like to share some tips which I am using in selecting book which I'm going to read. Recently, my entry is pertaining to book because I am developing myself to be a great reader and bibliophile. Disclaimer : this is my own ways and maybe will not work for yourself . On top of that, whatever I will be listing here is something literally rife tips only and not just newly discovered for humankind civilization ๐Ÿ˜. Here we go :

๐Ÿ˜ Preferred Genre
Fundamentally, there are many genres of the book which available to us like spirituality, philosophy, comics, art, business etc. From person to person, surely it will be different. For instance, I would prefer something like self help (motivation), psychology, comics (especially english version) whereas my wife predilection is biography. So, choose your preferred genre or else your reading journey will be boring unless you are okay with any genre.

๐Ÿ™Ž๐Ÿป‍♂️ Suggestion
Sometimes, I decided to buy and read a book due to suggestion from someone. This someone can be my friend, notorious person, politician, or youtuber who loves to share about book. There are some books which I bought due to suggestion such as Surrounded by Idiots (suggested by Malaysia politician which I dont't want to mention here), my current reading book ; Atomic Habits (suggested by my favorite, productivity guru aka youtuber) etc. 

๐Ÿ“ฑ๐Ÿ“•Physical book or ebook
Some people love to hold physical book (also its smell) while reading and the others prefer ebook. For me, I would prefer physical book. It's convenient for me to see my books properly arrange on the bookshelf. But, I also got some of the ebooks also which I bought before. Of course ebook having its advantage like you can read before sleep with light off condition (To those who having more budget would be suggested to buy kindle). But still, I am having more propensity towards physical book. My current practice is I will be reading physical book everyday as my axiomatic daily habit, but I'm also reading a beneficial blog before sleep as a replacement of ebook. To be honest, while reading blog entry with warmer display setting on my iphone will make me much more easier to fall asleep. 

⚜️Language
I am a Malaysian and my mother tongue language is Malay language. But, my preference book is English. Maybe someone would say I am not having affection towards my own language. But, that's not the reason. Actualy, I want to improvise my english level (maybe in other entry in future, I will tell a story regarding my ordeal related to my english proficiency). But, there is a genre which I am totally prefer in my own languange which is spirituality or Islamic religious related.

๐Ÿ“– Thickness
Thickness is another prominent aspect for me in choosing a book to read. Usually, my preference will be around 200~ 300 pages which not too thick and not too thin. It's just nice. It is because the only available time for me to read during my weekday is in the night only. Thus, I will just need a typical book thickness so that it will not take me too long to finish and also not too short to digest.

๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿ’ปAuthor
Generally, this is not the main factor to me, but still can be one of the aspects in choosing the right book. Among the books which I have read so far, I think only one author which I bought most of his book. The rest of my books are mix of authors.

๐Ÿ’ธPrice/budget
Lastly but not least is the price or budget. Previously, I don't have an allocated budget to buy physical books, thus mostly I will buy ebook which cost very cheap price ; RM1. But now, I am having more budget and able to buy more physical books. Usually, I will try to choose a book which cost less than RM50 unless the book really entice me in some ways which make me totally forget about the budget or price, but so far I don't find any ๐Ÿ˜‚. 

So that's all the tips which I am using in selecting my books. But, I am not restraint myself to all these tips also. Some books will fulfill all the tips, some cannot. We live in a world where ideal is not the case. Hopefully this entry will benefit to you. See you in my next entry

No comments:

Post a Comment