Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Review : Strength of Yamaha R25 (Blue-2017) - Part 1



Additional disclaimer : I was not paid by any party and this is my honest review after 2 years using this bike





Assalamualaikum w.b.t & Hi,


In this entry, I would like to review my Yamaha R25. This is based on my own opinion and my honest review. Maybe the items that I will include in my review will be contradicted to other people. I will review this bike in term of what I like (the strength-Part 1) and what I dislike (the weakness-Part 2). Hopefully you will enjoy for this entry. 

Part 1 : Strength

1. Multifunctional meter



Good job Yamaha and congratulation for making such a good meter display. I am totally like with its meter. Here is the items available on meter :
      • Clock - this is totally important since I may know the current time without looking at the watch. I might use this vital clock also when I am late to go to work hahaha.
      • Gear indicator - this one also important since I might know which gear currently I am running. Certain motorcycle do not have this item which is a weakness (for me).
      • Speed indicator - this is normal only. For R25, it is in digital form
      • RPM indicator - this one is in analog form. If it is in digital form, it might be more attractive. For R25, the indicator value is up to 15000 RPM
      • Heat & Petrol indicator - Both item are important but they are quite usual actually.
      • Gear shifting light - this one also quite special. The purpose of this light is to prevent the rider from over RPM. It is like a signal for the rider to up shift the gear. However,  every user can set which RPM the user prefer the light to give signal. Like mine, I set at 11000 RPM.
      • Trip distance - it is a distance that has been traveled by the rider but can be set to 0 back. There will be Trip 1 and Trip 2. It is up to the rider to set for what. For me, Trip 1 is for the chain lube alert. It means when I have applied chain lube, I will set trip 1 to 0. After my bike has traveled up to 150km, then I will lube my chain again and the cycle continuous. It same goes to the Trip 2. This one I use for petrol tracking mileage. Which mean I want to know if full tank, how many km my bike can travel (I will write a separate entry regarding full tank R25 and how many km it can travel)
      • Change engine oil indicator - after 1000km (first service), there will be a signal with indicator of "OIL" which mean we need to change engine oil. For the subsequent service, every 5000 the signal will come out.
      • kilometer / liter indicator - this one also quite nice which we will know how many km our bike will travel with 1 liter of petrol. This value keeps changing depends on our throttle control. 
2. Center light

This one is so special and exclusive since this light only available at Yamaha R25. The mentol also can be changed to other color. For mine, I am just using the stock color only like normal head light.



3. Design

It looks sporty and high aesthetic value. Undeniable.



4. Handle bar with clip on.

This one is also good because it is adjustable. For standard stock, when you ride, your riding position will be like touring. However, you can change you riding position to sporty by lowering your handle. This is base on the rider preference. For me, stock riding style is just enough since I use it for daily ride and every week around 600km mileage.


5. Performance

This is subjective. For me, the power delivery is just nice to me. Not too much and not too little. So, those who are newbies and wanna try a big bike, this R25 is just nice and suitable for you. Top speed? This one also might be different for every people. Some people get 180++ and some people get 190++. Mine? Hmmmmm..... Secret....Hahahahha. If I mentioned here, my beloved wife will be nagging to me..hehehe


Actually, there are still many strengths that equipped to R25 especially in term of handling. So, those who want to feel this bike, just buy. Don't worry. This bike is good (everybody will claim their bike is good hahaha). For Part 2, I will focus on items that I dislike regarding this R25. Stay tune yaa







No comments:

Post a Comment