Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Show Off Your Work to Your Boss

 Assalamualaikum w.b.t & hey friends,


Today I would like to talk a bit on one of the imperative aspects in professional life which is show off your work to your boss. Hmmm how should I start ha? hmmm okay never mind. Actually, as an employee, we have to show whatever our progress in given work or show our work to our direct boss. After few years in the working life, I started to realise that this action is very important.

Few days back, I had a meeting with my boss regarding one of the issues related to my machines. All the high level information had been compiled in my own record which related to the issues. But, I never shared with him yet. I don't know why. Maybe I wait until everything is complete or I wait until everything is perfect or I wait until he asks about the progress. I also don't really understand this side of myself. But, whatever he asked during the meeting, I can directly showed to him as I did it already.

When I showed to him, it seemed he satisfied with it and also he said whatever I got the info and progress, I must to share with him so that we can further to the next steps. Yes he was right. Of course his boss also asked the same thing and he needed me to update him so that later he will be able to update to his boss also. We show our work progress is not necessary for the sake of increment and promotion only (the truth is we always wooing these ones right 😏 ), but also for the sake our commitment in the job itself. So starting from today, I will strive to be always show my progress to my boss so that he will be satisfied with my performance (even now I got one completed task which not yet update to him yet😆).

No comments:

Post a Comment