Friday, February 11, 2022

Philosophy of Fish

Assalamualaikum w.b.t & hi,

This week, I have been thinking on what topic I should write in my weekly entry in this blog. For your info, one of the habits which I am currently practicing is to write an entry weekly. Seems too easy to commit right ? That's why I am trying with small habit first. It's better we develop a small habit but in a continuous commitment rather than a big habit but in the spasmodic mode and eventually we stop due to not able to commit anymore.

Ok back to the main topic. When I was in secondary school, one of the advises given by my father was to be like a fish. At first, I couldn't get the message but after a snippet explanation, then only I understood.

If we catch a fish from sea, and we want to cook for food, we need to put salt, turmeric powder and others to fry it so that it will be tasty or else it will be tasteless. Of course if tasteless, we will loss appetite unless you are on extreme diet 😜. But, do you notice something? Here's the philosphy of the fish kicks in.

We catch fish from sea (salty environment) but when we want to cook it, we still need to put pinch of salt to make it taste just nice. In the other word, fish never been influenced by its environment even has been living in salty condition.

It same goes to ourselves. We have to be like a fish which never been influnced by the environment whenever we are. Of course to be influenced by good environment is good, but what I mean here is to be influenced by negativity and stray us from good path. We have to develop ourselves so that we won't be easily affected by negative environment like a fish. Hope anyone who read this will be like a fish. It's good to take lessons from our surrounding and makes them our principles (only good ones ya). Stay safe everyone with rising daily covid cases recently in Malaysia.





No comments:

Post a Comment