Monday, June 21, 2021

Swab Test For New Hire

 Assalamualaikum w.b.t


Today (21st June 2021) should be my first day at new company. However, as a mitigation plan to avoid spread of Covid-19 in the company, all the new hired employees must take swab test for covid -19. Thus, my first day onsite should be tomorrow.


There are 2 types of tests which recognized by our Malaysian government which are Rapid Test Kit Antigen (RTK-Ag) and Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT PCR). So, to get a quick result within 15-30 mins, I had undergone RTK-Ag test. Scientifically, the efficiency of RT PCR is higher compare to RTK-Ag. However, it can be used as a screening test. I will write the differences between both tests in next entry. 


Is it pain while doing the test through nasal? I would say no. But after that, I feel kind of not comfortable feeling in my nose (but it is not pain) even after few hours already. I got the info from other people who already experienced the nasal swab test that the pain might last longer up to 3 to 4 days. But, some people don't even feel the pain after the test. Maybe the way of doctors or nurses handle nasal swab test might be varied. Some might a bit rough and some not. I am not sure.


Alhamdulillah I didn't receive any call from the respective clinic after 15 minutes of the test and it meant I am negative. People out there please stay safe and follow strictly the SOP that had been given by Ministry of Health (MOH). Do not violate any rule especially movement control order as I know some people take advantage over their company letter to go back to home town. But, please do not violate the rule.


I know, all people are missing their families and including me also; its been half year since I last met my family. But, please ease frontliner work and do not be selfish. We are still fighting against unseen enemy and with the fluctuation of new cases every day, I would say are still long way to go to win this war. 


Thanks for your time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment