Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Toxic Productivity


 Assalamualaikum w.b.t

Everyone is demanding and hoping for a productive and efficient life. Our life is short and that's why we need to make sure whatever we do in our life must be something precious and beneficial to ourselves and others.

Recently, I started to feel like I need to be really efficient and productive with my life. So I searched for how to be productive so on and so forth. I even try to develop and nurture new habits and keep monitoring its progress through a premium habit app (you may refer to my previous post). 

After few weeks I am living with so called a "productive life", I realized that I got something but I lost something. What I mean to say is yes I am being productive in terms of new habits which I am practicing but, I lost big portion of time with my wife.

I'm too obsessed with my new habits and indirectly I have limited precious time with my wife. Now I am thinking that I am just being toxic productive instead of what I am aiming for. I know even my wife is not complaining, but in her heart, she would feel sad with my style on the journey to be productive life .

So my plan now is I will try to improvise my ways to be productive in term of schedule and so on by balancing it and make it right. It's no value if I am being like this toxis productive.

My last words, try to balance ourselves so that we won't be too obsessed with one side productivity while sacrificing the other side which I called it as toxic productivity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment